Monday, April 13, 2009

layered strawberry cheesecake bowl


3 cups sliced strawberries
3 Tb sugar
2 pkg (8oz each) cream cheese (I did one reduced fat and other full fat)
1 1/2 cups cold milk
1 (3.4 oz) pkg of vanilla instant pudding
2 cups thawed cool whip light divided
2 cups frozen pound cake cubed into one inch (I made my own poundcake, instead of buying and it turned out a little more rustic looking but still good)
1 square of bakers semi sweet chocolate (here I just melted some choc chips and it worked fine too)

combine sugar and berries and refrigerate until ready to use. beat the cheese until creamy then add milk. add the pudding and mix well. blend in 1 1/2 c cool whip and then spoon half into a bowl (2 1/2 qt bowl). top with cake berries and remaining mixture and refrigerate 4 hours. melt chocolate and drizzle over desset and top with a large dallop of whipped cream in center. dip strawberries in chocolate to garnish.


recipe courtesy of cari via kraftfoods.com - but the picture is cari's!

1 comment:

Jana said...

Even yummier, and guess what I am coming on to this blog to get a recipe I saw!