Monday, May 3, 2010

Whole Wheat Spaghetti with Garlic, Zucchini and Tomato


Ingredients:
  • whole wheat spaghetti
  • 3 tbl olive oil
  • coarse salt and pepper
  • small red onion cut into slices/rings
  • 3 garlic cloves, minced
  • 1 large zucchini cut lengthwise into sticks
  • tomatoes cut into wedges (I usually use roma or plum)
  • 3/4 c parmesan cheese (I use fresh- it's better)
Directions:
Boil noodles in salted water. Sauté 3 garlic cloves and onion in 2 tbl of olive oil for 3 minutes (or until done). Add zucchini and 1/2 C water. Let sit on medium heat for 10 minutes. Add tomatoes and 1 tbl of oil. Salt and pepper to taste. Add cheese.

-from cuisinie-

My kids love this. And if I don't have zucchini, we like it with mushrooms and frozen peas. We'll basically eat any vegetable mixed with olive oil and pasta.

No comments: