pork:
4 lb. pork loin (this is $$$, wait for a sale!)
1 cup brown sugar
2 (15oz.) jars of salsa (I use mild)
salt
pepper
garlic powder
rub salt, pepper & garlic powder on pork and cook covered in the oven at 250 degrees for 6 hours. take out of oven - shred with a fork and put it in the crock pot with the brown sugar and salsa for 2-3 hours on low. (I also added a little of the "drippings" from the pork because I didn't have enough salsa...)
rice:
make any kind of rice you have, just use chicken broth instead of water when cooking it.
dressing:
1 packet buttermilk ranch dressing (prepare as directed)
2 tomatillos (I left this out mostly b/c I was like, what's a tomatillo?)
1/2 bunch cilantro
1 clove garlic (I just used dry minced garlic)
juice of one lime (or 2 tbsp. lime juice)
1 jalapeno (I left this out too)
blend this in a food processor or blender.
*note: this could feed about 100 people, so half or quarter the recipe if you want. also, i'm no expert but I don't see why you wouldn't just be able to cook the pork in the crockpot the whole time instead of doing the oven then the crockpot. just make sure you empty the drippings out of the crockpot before you shred it and add the brown sugar & salsa. the dressing is de-lish but you could even just use plain ranch dressing if you want. we put the rice in a bowl with a little pork, then some shredded lettuce & dressing on top. also, we used soft flour tortillas to scoop it. so good! (and easier than it looks!)
(i got this recipe from my friend erika)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
This may be worth your time if you live outside of Utah, but for those of us who live in Utah it's worth your time to just go buy one! I used to make these when I lived in Oregon, and I didn't have a recipe for the ranch dressing, so I just used a bottle of ranch dressing, poured it into a blender, then added tomatios, cilantro and lots of lime juice, so it looks like I wasn't too far off, but I will have to try your recipe, and the tomatios are a definite to the recipe, so Court find out what they are next time you are shopping in the produce! You make me laugh.
Post a Comment