Friday, February 1, 2008

paprika chicken with sour cream gravy

2 tsp. paprika
1 tsp. each salt, black pepper, garlic powder, cayenne pepper
2-3ish boneless chicken breasts
1-2 cans fat free cream of chicken soup (use 2 for lots of gravy)
8 oz fat free sour cream

put everything in a crockpot. cook it. (I have cooked it anywhere from 6 to 10 hours and it always turns out super.) you can put this on mashed potatoes, rice or baked potatoes. very moist!

*you might want to use less cayenne pepper on your first try if you aren't sure how much of a "kick" you would like. also, I never use black pepper and cayenne pepper in the pot at the same time, although that is what the recipe calls for. the black pepper seems to make the cayenne super hot, so I just use cayenne in the crockpot. those who would like added hotness can season their dinner with black pepper when they eat it. (adapted from campbells soup cookbook)

No comments: